Saturday, November 17, 2012

I am thankful for... (Part 17 in the Thanksgiving Series)

Cameras!!!


I love being able to document vacations, birthdays, outings, births, funerals, moments that are funny or cuddly or cute or endearing, anything memorable.  So grateful that we have cameras. 

On that note, here are birthday pictures from last night at our family party and her party today with friends.

Tamsyn has always liked sea food. For her birthday she wanted shrimp, scallops, artichokes and mashed potatoes. The hot dogs were for the boys. They were brave though and tried the sea food.

Opening presents

She was always very expressive as a baby, and she still is. Just look at these faces...






For her birthday dessert she wanted this caramel apple cheesecake dessert. Pinned here. Caution: It tastes unbelievably good and you can't stop eating it which makes you feel gross. 



Pretty girl

I looked around the table and was laughing when I saw this-
 And this-
 And this-
And this

And now I know where they get it from. Barbarians.

 Today we had 12 girls in my house. Prepping for birthday parties stress me out, but we actually had a ton of fun. We played balloon volleyball, 

Had a coloring contest- Tamsyn judged.

Played a guessing game where they had to guess what the object was inside the bag.

Tamsyn wanted a chip bar (doritos, ruffles, cheetos, tortilla, cheese puffs, fritos) and love potion. Potion pinned here.

They made their own rings. I bought the rings 10 for $3 at Hobby Lobby, and then bought buttons and cut the backs off. They glued the buttons to the rings. They were a big hit, and super cute. 

And she got some awesome presents.

All the girls went gaga over Lilly. There was only one girl who wouldn't hold her. That kind of surprised me.  Crazy new generation.

We had a great day!







1 comment:

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

Happy Birthday!! THe party looks so fun and the treat looked like it was a BIG hit! :) What a fun day!