Friday, November 16, 2012

I am thankful for... (Part 16 in the Thanksgiving Series...)

TAMSYN!

 I am so thankful she was squishy.
 I loved her fat rolls. (Seriously, I had to clean them out.) And I mourned when she grew out of them.
I love that she idolizes her Daddy. She always makes a point to tell me, "I'm like DAD, not YOU." I roll my eyes when she says this, but I am glad they are so close.



Besides, I can tell she loves me too.



I love that she is more sweet than spice, but grateful she still has spice.


I am grateful I have someone to look at Pinterest with me, make crafts with me, knit with me.



I love that even though we have put her through moves to 4 different states in the last 3 years, she still loves us...




I am thankful she loves her cousins. I am grateful that they are good examples for her. 


I am thankful she is so smart. Over the next few weeks she is being tested for a position on the Gifted Program. The Gifted students do 1.5 years of schooling in one year. It keeps them challenged. And if she gets in the program, she can choose which middle school she wants to go to. And if she stays in the program through middle school, she gets to choose which High School she wants to go to. I guess the schools here specialize in certain areas, so it's almost like shopping for a college.  

I even love that she loves scaly, crawly, creepy things. Sometimes.


Her basketball coach told me yesterday that Tamsyn is very athletic. I glowed with pride. I love that she makes me laugh. I love that she is motivated to do well in school. I love that she is nice to less popular kids. I love that she helps me keep an eye on her brothers.  I love that she is proficient at making cookies. I love that she is still ticklish on her neck. I love that she is still cuddly. I love that she isn't embarrassed to be seen with me and asks me to eat lunch with her.


11 years ago, Lohn and I were blissfully, ignorantly walking into the hospital to get ourselves a baby. Little did I know that she would turn my world upside down, inside out and light it up with joy. Little did I know that the love I was about to feel was stronger than any feeling in the world.  Thank you my little princess for making me a mother, the most sacred calling in the world.


No comments: