In my very adult, very busy life I’d forgotten the joy in everyday activities. I’d forgotten gratitude for the plain, the ordinary, the simple.
So here goes.
Today I am thankful for holidays! I love Halloween. I felt myself get caught up in the excitement of the day as I helped my kids put on their costumes. I kept hugging and loving on my kids when I saw how cute they were, and dancing with them if they would let me (pretty much just Gunnar would allow that. The rest despise when I dance with them). I loved walking the neighborhood with the kids in the warm evening, holding hands with my husband, while we watched the kids run house to house. I loved imposing a candy tax when we got home. I only taxed the boys a candy each, and Tamsyn 4 peices. She came home from Trick or Treating with her friends with WAY more than the boys. Four lbs. at least. The richest must be taxed the most. Right???
Here are some pictures of our fun evening.
MEDUSA
(Don't look her in the eyes!)
Obi Wan
As a padawan learner. See the braid?
Ninja
Little devil
We bought this costume for Sylas when he was one. Remember when he was going through this phase back in 2010? We thought it appropriate to make him a little spit-fire devil at the time. Oddly enough it still seems appropriate- although the biting has ceased, thank heavens.
See Sylas's eyes? Costume complete.
Sylas's is the middle. He designed it to have lots of eyes.
Lohn's is the big grinning pumpkin.
Tamsyns pumpkin is the top left. It says LOL. Preteen much?
Ander's is Frankenstein, and Gunnar's is the small faced one in the back.
Happy November Peeps!







1 comment:
Looks like you all had a ball! Love Sylas's "completed" costume! Also love your thanksgiving blogging tradition!
Post a Comment