Monday, July 29, 2013

12 hours down and 20 more to go!

Am I crazy?  I decided to make the trek across the country with my four kids and no husband. About 4 hours into the trip, I was regretting my decision and ready to turn around. Butt was numb, I was feeling sleepy and missing my husband something fierce. The kids were rockstars though. Seriously- There are no kids on the planet that are better travelers than mine. We did 12 hours of driving today. Ten tomorrow, and ten the next before we arrive.




 Sylas was pretending to navigate. As we passed the "mountains" in West Virginia, Sylas said, "Mom, I found mountains! They are made out of trees!" Indeed, they are. Trees, trees, and more trees. 

Louisville Kentucky has a lot of bridges. Tamsyn got a picture of this bridge a bit late. But it is a very LONG bridge. And big. I really didn't like it. (I have a phobia of bridges. I just know they are going to collapse when I am on them)

I was delighted to see the trees disappear and get replaced by corn. It means I am getting closer! Next thing I am looking forward to- desolate Wyoming!

We unwound for the evening in the hotel swimming pool. 
As I type, the boys are fighting for the best spot of floor to sleep on. Turns out, the hotel floor is cooler than the bed. I am happy though, because it means I get a bed to myself, which means better sleep!

Also I am sending a virtual goodnight kiss to my husband online. I miss you, honey. Lots and lots and lots and lots.

No comments: