Thursday, November 8, 2012

I am thankful for... (Part 8 in the Thanksgiving Series)

GUNNAR!


Gunnar started smiling at one week (I don't care what "experts" say. He was smiling at one week.) He is such a happy kid. In fact, his 1st grade teacher said that he always walks into the classroom with a big smile. He loves to learn, and absorbs everything like a sponge.
I love how handsome he is. I love what he calls his "cute mole." I am unbelievably jealous of his eyelashes, and his endless energy. Gunnar goes to mileage club on Tuesday and Friday mornings to run. He is the smallest kids there. (Looks like he got some genes from my side) But despite his size, he out runs most of the kids in the group. (Including his siblings.)
I love that Gunnar has an awesome sense of humor. Everything makes him laugh. He is very proud when he can make others laugh. I love that he loves tomatoes and celery and carrots and all green food.

I love how Gunnar is my cuddly boy. I love that he still fits nicely on my lap. I love it when he wakes up early and climbs into bed with me and snuggles.  Our conversation this morning during snuggling- "Mom, I love you bigger than outer space." Me- "Wow, thats pretty big!" Gunnar- "Uh huh, it goes on forever." Yes, my little Gunnar, my love for you is bigger than outer space too. 

1 comment:

Alison said...

He is such a cute boy! LOVE all your thankful posts Sharon!