FRIENDS!!!
You know what the hardest thing about moving is? The actual moving process is awful, as is spending hours at the DMV, getting bills and such set up in your name, and relying on the GPS to get you everywhere. But the worst is the total lack of friends. No one to ask to watch your kids for an hour while you get meds for that blasted UTI, no one to ask doctor/dentist recommendations, no one to swap books with, go to chick flicks with, friends to just idly chat with while kiddos are playing.
Now a year after our move to Virginia, I can now saw I have friends. I am in a book club, which I've always avoided in the past because I prefer to read fluffy YA fiction, not deep-think-change the world- kinda books. And I am loving it! At least once a month I am guaranteed a night out with friends eating yummies and discussing books. Expanding my mind hasn't been as painful as I thought. We even get to discuss the next book while soaking in a hot tub...
I have a group of friends that I do preschool with. I feel so blessed to be a part of this group. Sylas loves his preschool, and honestly I love to teach. It's nearly cost free, much better than 150 a month. And I only have to do it every 6 weeks.
I love that I am a part of scripture tots. This is a 2 hour, once a week nursery while the adults go to an institute program. I love getting to visit with the other moms and watching Sylas interacting with the other kids. Oh and I like the $100 a month too.
And I love that when movies like Les Miserable and The Hunger Games and Host come to theaters I have someone to go with me. I love that once a month I get to get together with the ladies in my church for an activity, whether it be wreath making, a progressive dinner, or a service project. I love that I am occasionally invited to baby showers, and camping trips.
And you know the interesting thing? Every one of these wonderful friendships happened because of my membership in my church. My book club is all church friends, as is the preschool, and scripture tots. So I guess what I am even more grateful for than my social life, is a church that provides that for me.
And because blog posts without pictures are boring...
A picture of Sylas taken by Sylas.
And one of my Dad...
You're welcome.
1 comment:
So lucky to call you my friend!! Funny pics at the end as well!
Post a Comment