Thursday, May 31, 2012

Can it be true???!!! I had no idea Hollywood was making a movie of Les Miserable! And the cast is sublime!


Anyone who knows me well, knows that I lived and breathed Les Miserable every waking moment of my adolescent life. I did homework to the music, I cleaned to the music, I slept to the music, and I was Cosette and I was Eponine (depending on my need- my teenage tragedy or non existent romance). I even smuggled my moms tape recorder and taped myself singing the songs. How embarrassing it was when I was on a road trip with my mom and sisters to the middle-of-nowhere Nevada, that unmarked tape was inserted and everyone in the car heard me belting out strains of "On my own."  Lesson learned. Destroy tape after you record yourself singing. Especially if it is me singing.

I'm grown up now, but after seeing this trailer, I've realized, I'm still an adolescent nerd at heart.  Leading up to the month of the movie release (Christmas time!!!) I will probably be swaying with the dishes to "Bring Him Home," cleaning the kids' room to the conquering beat of "One Day More," and secretly dressing up as Eponine (Not hard, all my clothes look like her's) and video recording myself tragically singing "On My Own."

2 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Did you not like the original Hollywood version that they made of this movie? I mean really, the music is the best part so to take the music out is a tragedy. I'm more excited for this one.

Sharon McKee said...

No, I didn't like the original one at all! First of all, they ended the movie in the middle of the story. And of course it is an abomination to take the music out.