Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunburst June 2011

Well, Folks, I did it. I signed up for a 10K in 2 months. I am now running 3 miles 4 times a week, sometimes pushing a double jogging stroller with two hefty boys in it. I am going to gradually work up my distance, and hopefully be ready in a few months to run 6.2 miles. I got scared in the middle of my run this morning (during a tired moment), thinking, "I can't do a 10K, thats CRAZY!" All I hope to achieve is to finish the race. Thats it. I'm not going for any special time. The cool thing about this race, is the finish line is on the 50 yard line in the ND football stadium. I've wanted to do this race since we moved here, and now it seems like a nice way to end our time here at Notre Dame. If you decide to come run with me, list me as your reference. (I get 5 dollars knocked off my fee if you sign up under this link) Wish me luck and happy running!

4 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

That is awesome! You can do it. Good luck. Wish I could do it with you (walking the whole way of course)

stacy said...

You will do great! Especially if you are pushing 2 boys during training!! I would come run with you but it is kinda far...

Dallin and Janelle Lewis said...

Go Sharon! Good for you. Runners are so cool. Logically, that means you're so cool.

Drae said...

Oh good for you! I wish I would have done that race. You will finish for sure. Just walk when you feel like you need to. There's no shame in that. I can't wait to hear how it goes.