Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Holi!!!

Holi is an Indian Holiday, and the Village celebrates it every year. A big part of the celebration is "painting" your friends and loved ones. My kids went CRAZY! See evidence below...

I thought, all well, it's too late anyway to stop them and grabbed my camera. Just as I was taking a picture, Tamsyn threw a handful of powder in my face, eyes and mouth open. I had red boogers for the rest of the day, and I had to throw away my contacts as they were dyed pink. As are all the clothes.

But I have to say it was an interesting/educational experience, one of those that while it was happening, I thought, "We will look back on this time with fond memories."

I thank my Heavenly Father every day for leading us to the Village. I love it here and all the educational/cultural experiences my kids get to have. Even if it involves colorful boogers. (Also noticed at church today that my three boys have green/red ears despite 2 showers)

1 comment:

NDmomma said...

That's so fun! I'm glad they did it another year. Diwali is another big holiday, but it's always too close to Halloweeen when the staff is partied out!