Sunday, December 12, 2010

Family ice skating night

As soon as Ander found out that we were going ice skating, he was VERY apprehensive. He kept asking me if he could get skates that weren't on a thin blade. And as we walked towards the ice, he kept saying, "I don't want to skate mom!" Me, being the understanding parent that I am, said "Well you have too!" I forced him on the ice, and this is what we got.

He kept turning around to go back and I wouldn't let him. So he just clung to the wall and cried. Well, I forced my EXCELLENT parenting skills into motion and told him, "If you keep crying, I will take you to the middle of the rink!" How's that for a threat? Please understand, Lohn had Sylas and I had to put skates on 3 whining children and people were EVERYWHERE. I really need to stop leaving the house with four kids. It's not good for my equilibrium. But, gratefully Daddy was more patient, see below.

After a little bit of coaxing and encouragement from daddy, this was the result. He was even convinced as we left that he had fun!


I thank the Lord everyday in my prayers for my wonderful husband and I am so glad he is patient and loving with the kids to make up for the days when I am less so.

1 comment:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Looks like it ended up being fun! We definitely lucked out. How did our husbands end up that way?? I would absolutely die if Aaron was as high strung as me.