Monday, November 22, 2010

I am thankful for...

BOOKS!

I love to read. Love it love it. My favorite books are the nonsense, fairy tale, take-me-away-from-this-world type books. With a spattering of romance. And humor. And maybe some death and war. Really I am easily pleased. Just don't create a main character with lack of moral values and expect me to like the book. And I do draw the line after too many "getting lost in his eyes." My favorite author right now is Shannon Hale. But my favorite book ever is Ella Enchanted. Hmmm. Or maybe it's Daddly Long Legs. Or is it Keturah and Lord Death? I also love all the Harry Potters. So spare me the Kite Runners and the Eat, Pray, Loves. Give me some nonsensical, fluffy, happily-ever-after book to read.

And Whitney, no, that wasn't Lohn who wrote that last post. Those really are my favorite TV shows. :)

3 comments:

Jannet said...

Bwah... I was just notified that my book on hold "Eat, Pray, Love" is now available to be picked up. On the upside, I just finished "AustinLand" and it was pretty cute...

I'm loving your 'Thankful' series, btw...

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

After Devin and I read your post he said "no wonder you two are such good friends" I don't go for any of that serious deep learn something about yourself, and your neighbors books. Just a love story with a happy ending will be great! Miss you Sharon

Naomi

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

I need to read Ella Enchanted and Daddy Long Legs this winter when I'm stuck home. I still haven't. Whats your favorite Shannon Hale Book? Have you read them all? And I forgive you for having some lame favorite shows :) jk. At least its not "Sister Wives" (don't watch that one by the way)