Sunday, June 6, 2010

Zion's National Park

It was free parks day and we took the opportunity to go to Zions. Turns out our children are desended from mountain goats, not apes.There are lots of nooks in the red rock. My kids were practically sucked into each one.
This was taken on our hike to emerald pools. (And taken before my face turned beet red from heat and exhaustion, see how I am still smiling?)
The cactus's were all flowering. We bought some homemade pear cactus jelly before we left.
The reward at the top of the hike! In all, our kids hiked about 3 miles. Seriously, how many kids can do that? I was super impressed, and they hardly complained at all!
Another reward at the top of the hike. He was such a good baby, and many many thanks to my cousin who let me borrow her baby backpack so we could enjoy the hike!

1 comment:

stacy said...

Great pictures! I want to go there and go hiking now!!