Monday, September 1, 2014

Happenings in the McKee household

CRABTREE FALLS

Lohn likes to hike. A lot. So our family was dragged happy to join him on a perfectly beautiful Saturday. It was a 4 mile hike. And it wasn't for pansies either.
 There were a lot of stairs.

And there were lots up uphill, rocky, thigh burning parts.
 Like I said, not a hike for pansies. And the biggest pansy of them all was trying her hardest to keep up with these boys that thought it would be fun to RUN to the top.
 The weird thing about the hike? This was the best view of the falls and it was halfway up.

This was the view from the top. No falls, but it was pretty. And our kids once again proved they are rockstars.

I took Sylas in for his first eye appointment. He rocked it. And so did Gunnar. He has perfect vision (How is that possible???) Ander got contacts, which he has had very little trouble putting in and taking out. 

I took Tamsyn and her friend for a girls night out. We went to the Galaxy Diner on Carystreet in Richmond, and it was A-MA-ZING! Seriously, the best food I've ever had. 

My burger had cucumber sauce, feta cheese, sauteed tomatoes, onions and jalapenos (which I picked off). It also came with a deep fried pickle. Yummy!

And for dessert, we ordered deep fried Oreos and a deep fried Twinkie. The Twinkie was ok. The Oreos? Mushy, warm deliciousness. 

ASSATEAGUE ISLAND
We went camping with Amy's family on Assateague Island which is in Maryland, about 4 hours away from us. They have wild horses there. It sounds romantic/exotic, but it's actually quite messy with the horse poop everywhere, and you have to keep your distance. And they hovered around our tent each night, snorting and pawing at the ground. 

Cousin Kyle burying Ander and Gunnar


We even got to go crabbing. We caught 2! We cooked them up and ate them. We each got a small taste.


The littles got bored with crabbing after a few minutes and decided to play in the horsecrap mud. 

 No, you may NOT get in our new van...

Tamsyn and the boys did a lot of boogie boarding. I even did some, and got tossed and flipped around in the waves.

Ander got pretty good. He was practicing getting on his knees. We will have to get him a surf board soon...

Gunnar got tossed around a ton. But by the end of the vacation, he had it figured out!

This is all Tamsyn did most of the time.

And we saw lots of Dolphins! 

I think this is the only picture of me. A selfie with Amy and I, and Liam photo bombing.

And this happened on the way home. Doesn't Lohn look delighted? 

So tomorrow the kids all start school. My little Sylas is going to kindergarten. ALL DAY kindergarten. And because I don't want to be home alone, I got myself a job. I get to work at the Metro Richmond Zoo! Behold, the cheetah cubs I get to cuddle with everyday!
Just kidding. I won't get to work with the animals. I will be working in the gift shop, admissions, concessions, and rides. The best part of the job? It's from 9-2:30 M-F and Summers and School holidays off. I will always get to be available for my kids and be home when they are home. I feel so blessed to work there and I am excited to start tomorrow. 

As for my health, Crazy Sharon still visits on occasion, but for the most part, I can keep her at bay. Exercising has been huge in my recovery, as have the drugs. My life is as good as I could ever ask for and I am so grateful for all my blessings! 


No comments: