Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sleepovers, Purple Tumurples, and planning meeting for spring break

The boys on occasion like to have a sleepover. In their mind, this means sleeping on the floor instead in their beds. When I checked on them before I went to bed, this is what I found.


Something that Lohn often says to the kids is "The last one to ______ is a Purple Tumurple and has to do the dishes!" After many ridiculous lengthy discussions about what a Purple Tumurple is, Lohn said it was too hard to describe what they look like. So he had the kids create what they think a Purple Tumurple looks like and the one closest wins. Lohn was the judge since he is the only one who knows their appearance.  Here are their creations.
 Lohn agreed that Purple Tumurples have more than two eyes.

He agreed that their eyes are yellow and droopy. 

He acknowledged that Tamsyn's Purple Tumurple was the right shade of purple. 

And the Gunnar's placement of the mouth at the bottom of the Purple Tumurple was correct. 
So they all won. 

We also had a family meeting about what we would like to do this year. Every kids (and adult) contributed to this list. Each person then said their top 3 favorite things to do, and we put a mark next to those. Mountain Climbing and Reptile show were among the favorites. I don't want to keep this list on my wall forever, so I am putting here for my reference... 

Also, Twister. 


Gunnar was the Victor!!!

2 comments:

Dallin and Janelle Lewis said...

You guys are awesome and hilarious. I want to have a purple tumurple contest! FUN!

Jannet said...

What an amazing and fun family you are!