Saturday, December 15, 2012

My message of Hope.

I have been crying off and on for the last 24 hours.  My heart literally hurts.  But I have found some beauty in the last several hours I wanted to share.

There is still so much good in this world.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y

The good outweighs the evil.



And I have been touched by the stories of the heroes.  The principal. The teachers. The custodian. The First Responders. The Newtown Priest. Heroes, everyone of them.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." -- Mister Rogers

And my own personal message to that Great Destroyer. You may rage and conspire. You may take away, hurt and bruise. But you will NOT win. There is too much beauty, honesty, selflessness and love among mankind.  God is among us. And through our faith in him, we will win. 

"And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong,

And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."

No comments: