The ocean is still not behaving. There was a red flag flying at the beach today. We are all praying for a calm happy ocean tomorrow so we can go swimming on our last day.
So to pass our day, we went to the Aquarium on Roanoke Island.
The kids donned the lab coats and took care of their sick turtles.
Then they got to pet sting rays. Heidi was smart, she took off Caels shirt. Ander was dripping wet when we were done.

When we were done with the aquarium, they went outside and hunted for Shark teeth. Tamsyn found about 20.
After the aquarium, half of us went to the sound side and to go kayaking and swimming, and the other half went to some gardens. I elected to go swimming, and Sylas fell asleep on the way. So I stayed in the car with him and took a nap too. Good thing I did, I was starting to get a migraine. The kids had fun getting wet.
We didn't get any pictures at the sound, but the others got some pictures at the gardens.
Grandma McKee and Ethan made us a fantastic dinner, pasta and shrimp and crab. Num.
Uncle Tyler with Cael in the hammock, hanging on the front porch. Tomorrow is our last day, and we are truly hoping for calmer winds and a happier ocean, so we can enjoy our last day here on the beach.
I am so sad for our vacation to end, but we are already making plans to do this again next year.











No comments:
Post a Comment