Here was our conversation as we went to the bus stop this morning... time approx. 8:30 EST
Gunnar: "Mom, do you know everything?"
Me: "No, but I know a lot. "
Ander: "Really? Do you know what Kyle is doing right now?" (Kyle's a VA cousin)
Me: "Kyle? Why he is on his way to the bus stop."
Gunnar: "What is Liam doing?"
Me: "He's walking to the bus stop with Kyle. They seem to be fighting over something." (Giggles from the boys)
Gunnar: "Do you know what Jacob is doing?" (Village buddy)
Me: "Yep. He is eating breakfast at the table listening to his mama sing"
Ander: "What is Jack doing?" (Another Village buddy)
Me: "Jack is still in bed. He isn't going to school today because he has a cold." I'm on a roll at this point and having fun so I carry on.
Me: "In fact, I can see Grandma and Grandpa Dahle right now and they are still asleep in bed, Grandma McKee is awake, but she is still in her night gown and is doing laundry. Grandpa McKee is out at his job making sure it is done right." (Never mind the fact that it is 20 degrees in Victor right now and buried under 10 feet of snow)
Tamsyn, finally speaking up after listening to the whole conversation: "Mom, how do you know all this???"
Me: "Because I'm magic."
Tamsyn: "I think it's because of Facebook."
I smiled, keeping this secret to myself- being- That even though our dear friends and family are far away, you are close in my heart. I know you and I can see and hear your doings in my mind. And despite the 1,500 miles between us, we really aren't that far apart. I love all of you!
2 comments:
lol that is hilarious, I definitely didn't see Tamsyn's comment coming. What a smart little pre-teen :)
And I feel the same way. Thank goodness for such easy ways to stay in touch or I don't know what we'd do!
That is too funny! You are good! Don't you love when your kids can't figure out how you know what you know. I love it! Cuz I know it won't last forever! :)
Post a Comment