I found this on Pinterest (I feel so, I don't know, modern when I say that!) I loved loved loved the color and the Valentines feel it added to my house.
Sylas saw what I was doing, got excited, and had to add his artwork to the wall. I left it. It makes me happy when I see it.
I saved all those little hearts I cut out, pretty sure I would find a purpose for them, and I did. I had to make 70 cutesy invitations to announce the Relief Society Meeting in February. I actually am opposed to spending time in my calling on things that have no purpose (such as hours spent on cutesy, fluffy invitations). I can get the same point across with less money and time spent on it. Black ink printed on white paper. Good 'nuf. But, alas, I am a hypocrite. I spent half my Saturday making these. They are cute though...
It's a service auction! The Sisters provide the goods, and we provide the "money." The goods could be anything from jams, crocheted items, or services such as volunteering to wash windows, babysit, organize your closets, etc. I am excited to see what I win! (Not so excited to be in charge, but such is my lot in life. One must not complain, sigh)

2 comments:
Awe, cute! I especially love Silas' contribution.
And I'm just now reading your prior post. That is amazing. Way to go Lohn.
Very cute :) So I'm our ward activities chairman (yes I know its not a real calling) and I'm trying to decide on a March activity. The auction thing is a great idea, would you mind emailing me your ideas so I can see if it would work out for a whole ward and not just RS? Good luck with it, it sounds like fun!
Post a Comment