Ander man is sick. I kept him home from school yesterday because of a mild fever, but he played and acted fine in spite of it, and I never gave him medicine. I don't treat my kids' fevers unless they are miserable from them. He went to bed, with me assured that on the morrow, I could send him to school and safely watch my friends kid for a few hours early this morning. But lo and behold, he woke up with a "stomach ache." He seemed fine and ate two big bowls of cereal (which I later cleaned up, ewww). I tried to convince him that he was fine and should go to school. But I only have 30 minutes from the time my kids wake up to the time they get on the bus, so that isn't a very long time period to evaluate his health. So I decided Lohn could take him to school a little later after I've watched him for a bit. I am soooo glad I did, or right now I would be packing up my kids in the van and making the drive to the school to pick him up. Poor kid is now huddled on the couch with our famous, beloved throw-up bowl. And my poor friend had to take her little girl with her to her Dr. app. I didn't even have enough time to give her notice so she could find someone else.
So today, Lohn is interviewing with M&T Bank, which if we get it, it would be out of Buffalo, New York. BUFFALO. What EXACTLY do I pray for here, folks??? I guess, what I really want is us to go where the Lord would have us go, so I guess that is what I will pray for. And of course, I would like Lohn to feel pleased with the interview and learn from it. He applied for some jobs in Colorado, which after thinking about Buffalo, is starting to sound really appealing right now. These next few months should be interesting.
We got our van tuned up. They told us that there are so many problems with it, that we just need to buy a new one. They didn't even tell us that they wanted our money to fix it. Nope. Just, "this is a lost cause folks, time for a new one." So another addition to my prayers is that the van will last just 2 more months. I am getting the car looked at today, we will see what they say about that. That should be interesting. The car also has over 200,000 miles on it.
Okay, so I read back and realized I sound like I am grumping, but really, life is good. Life is interesting. I AM happy. My eczema explosion is almost gone, the weather is improving (72 degrees yesterday!), I've had Lohn home all week for spring break, my house is already clean and it's not yet 9 am, and I have my wonderful family here with me at my beloved Village. Yep, life is good!
UPDATE:
Ander seems a world of better and is keeping food down.
Just returned from the mechanics and the car is just as bad as the van (No surprise there really). Basically we cannot drive anywhere but around town with both our vehicles. I'm praying for them to last just TWO MORE MONTHS!
Also, Lohn had his interview, and said it went well, we will hear if he makes it to the second round of interviews next week sometime. Thanks for all the kindly thoughts and prayers!
2 comments:
I can't believe you all only have 2 months left! Has it really been that long? We will be praying for Lohn and his interviews. This can be a nerve racking time, but it will all work out. I love reading your blog and hearing about your family. You really do have a good outlook on life.
Go Irish! All the way to the final four. Tell everyone hi for us, please.
Yowzers. Quite the day you're having. Two more months!!!! I'm so sad. I don't want you guys to leave.
Post a Comment