Wow, I have been busy! My blog has been nagging at me in the back of my mind for a while now. I'm usually better at posting than I have been lately. This picture is the number one reason why I haven't blogged for a month. My days are consumed with buying materials for the homeless shelter quilts and the Village's guest apartments quilts, organizing them, putting them together, collecting and turning in receipts (still need to do that, it's NAGGING me in the back of my mind!) Not to mention homework with the kids, dinner, endless laundry and dishes and vacuuming. Sometimes I feel like it's all just too much and I miss my ME time. (I miss it a whole bunch...) But I know I am doing the Lord's will. I knew I would organize Quilt day at Notre Dame even before we moved here and thats what He would have me do. I had no idea how to do it without frames, no idea where I would get the funding, or space to do it. But the Village has taken care of the funding and space and I learned how to do it without frames. I think those little homeless kids are pretty special in God's eyes. And I think He wants those kids to have a special blankie. So I am going to stop whining, thank God for my ABUNDANT blessings, and get back to work!
Also, I let Tamsyn and Ander pick out the fabrics since they were with me on my first fabric shopping trip. I thought the combinations of tops and bottoms were interesting, but I figured, if they like it then other kids will like it too. And I do think they turned out nice. I think I will have them pick out next months fabric too.
1 comment:
how do you train a dragon? how do you quilt without frames and do such a nice job?
Post a Comment