Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tamsyn's baptism



Oh, We had a GREAT time! We woke up Wednesday morning, left by 6, It took us 10 hours to drive to DC (actually Purcelville) and got there at 4. The kids were great travelers, except for the all too frequent "I have to go potty again!" Thursday we had Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa McKee and Grandma Johnson and Aunt and Uncle Berringer and their kids and also Elle and Emily. It was a blast and the kids loved being with their cousins (we barely saw them!). Friday we went to the DC zoo (that was ultra awesome, best zoo yet!) My favorite was the orangutan crossing (crossing on ropes thirty feet above our heads across the zoo!) and my least favorite was the uncaged giant orb spiders. At the zoo Ander started complaining of an earache and it was really cold, and he was in a lot of pain. I knew exactly where I left his medicine and knew I didn't have it with me. Well, a still small voice whispered to Lohn that morning to put it in the diaper bag, and I was so grateful! I think the Lord loves Ander and wanted him to enjoy his time at the zoo. It just took a couple of childrens ibuprofen and he was enjoying his time there. After that we went and looked at some of the sights at DC. I only wished we could have seen more, what a special place! It is so beautiful and it has quite a spirit to it! Saturday Lohn and I picked up My mom and dad and spent our day visiting and preparing for the baptism of Tamsyn and cousin Kyle. We had the baptism at 4, there were a total of 5 kids being baptized! But I didn't think it took away any of the special spirit at all. (And I refused to be one of those moms who insisted their kid had their own special baptism and cause all sorts of problems!) It was beautiful! Lohn almost baptized her for the dead, but started over and did it right. It was an amazing hour, day, week! I was so grateful for all of our family who could be there and for the wonderful spirit we felt!

1 comment:

stacy said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Tamsyn looks beautiful in her white dress!